Take the Pain out of Moving Homes
Home owners find the experience of moving homes highly stressing. This is partly because they are programmed to see it this way. With meticulous preparation and some common sense, you can make it an enjoyable adventure, writes Andrea Morgan for the London Property News. Morgan asks us to follow these simple tips:
- Start packing as soon as you anticipate a shift (even a whiff from somewhere). Throw away anything that has no utility value even if it is high on nostalgia.
- Use boxes, bubble wraps, sharpies and notepads before you start the packing process.
- Make a list of everything.
- Clean your new home before you move into it with your furniture. Clean the old home too so that you don’t feel ashamed in handing over its keys.
- Start being a control freak. The more you are in control, the richer you will make the moving experience.
You can read the full article here.
Have you recently moved homes? What is your best tip for making it a better experience?