8 Tips To Boost Your Chances Of Success
We are all good people but certainly not without our grey areas. When these “grey areas” overpower us we become less productive, one way or the other. Jeff Haden for the magazine Inc. tells us about the 8 must-avoid mistakes for achieving greater productivity.
- Do not indulge in your phone when you are on a different line. You might think you are hiding it well but the fact remains- the person on the other side is way too courteous to tell you that it hurts.
- Let past be your teacher but do not use it as anything more than a tool of wisdom. Do not hold grudges for others’ past errors.
- If you are begrudged against someone, talk it out with him rather than playing paltry politics behind his back.
- You may miss out on a few golden nuggets if you multi-task during important meetings (let us say a meeting of the buyers’ agents).
- Give uninterrupted focus to tasks that deserve it.
- Act even if you feel that waiting longer will increase your chances of success. Idleness does not yield results unless we are talking speculative market.
- Do not say ‘Yes’ in a hurry and repent in leisure. Remember, the only thing common to ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ is that they are both monosyllabic words.
- Show a friend or a colleague that you care. You do not need to bother about a man drinking beer in a Norwegian pub but do not stop expressing your concern for those whom you love or admire.
You can read the original article here.